Vegetarian Entrees & Grains
Spice up your life with some of these flavorful secrets to enhance the flavors of your favorite foods. This week we're focusing on vegetarian entrees and grains!
Flavorful Vegetarian Entrees
- Stir-fry fresh vegetables and sliced tofu in a nonstick skillet with soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger. Serve over brown rice.
- Mash tofu with part-skim Mozzarella cheese. Add garlic powder and oregano and use as a topper for pizza.
- Cook onions and green pepper in a nonstick skillet with a small amount of oil. Add tomatoes, cooked kidney beans, garlic, and oregano. Top with part-skim Mozzarella cheese.
- Mash cooked beans or lentils with basil and thyme and make into patties or "meatless" loaves.
- Sprinkle cooked beans with minced onion flakes and garlic powder. Top with low fat cheese and bake until bubbly.
- Mix leftover cooked grains with vanilla extract and cinnamon for a delicious breakfast treat
- when cooking rice, add sage and thyme and chopped celery and onions to the water.
- For Asian rice, add soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Any cooked grain in the blender with crushed pineapple and coconut extract makes an instant "Pina colada" pudding.
- Add garlic powder, basil, and oregano to tomato sauce and serve over any cooked grain.