Meats & Eggs
Spice up your life with some of these flavorful secrets to enhance the flavors of your favorite foods. This week we're focusing on meats and eggs!
- Steaks marinated in soy sauce, sherry extract, garlic powder, and ginger are wonderful on the grill.
- Lemon juice or lime juice with garlic powder and rosemary makes a delicious marinade for beef or pork.
- Curry powder and minced onion flakes can turn an ordinary meat loaf into a gourmet treat.
- Baked pork chops are delicious when spread with Dijon mustard and sprinkled with rosemary or dill weed.
- Try scrambling eggs (or an egg substitute) in a nonstick skillet and sprinkling with oregano and garlic powder.
- A scrambled egg folded over sliced apples that have been cooked in a nonstick skillet with cinnamon makes a delicious crepe.
- Dill weed adds a spark to egg salad made with reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- Vary French toast b adding different extracts and cooking on a nonstick skillet with a minimal amount of margarine. (try lemon, coconut, etc. )