Fruits are sweet, natural gifts from Mother Nature. Their versatility is endless, whether used as appetizers, entrées, desserts, or as in-between-meals snacks. Most fruits are low in fat and high in carbohydrates, supplying our bodies with necessary vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
1. Use fresh fruits as much as you can. My second choice is frozen fruit. If you must use canned fruit choose the kind that is packed in water.
2. For added fiber, leave the skin on fruit whenever possible.
3. Choose the sweetest varieties of fruits in your recipes, thereby reducing the amount of sugar needed.
4. Take advantage of the fruits that are in season and freeze them for later enjoyment.
5. For a springtime centerpiece, take a variety of fruits and layer them in a clear bowl.