Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Shape Shops


It isn’t always easy to make healthy food choices. We start the day with the best intentions of eating right, but all too often, something derails our efforts. The vending machines at the office are filled with candy bars and soda pop, and someone’s always bringing in donuts or homemade brownies. Driving down the street, fast food restaurant signs shine at us like beacons. Even at home, we’re confronted with commercials enticing us to eat bacon cheeseburgers, French fries, and enormous chocolate sundaes.
What is a health-conscious person to do when it seems like everywhere they go, they’re tempted with high-calorie, high-fat treats? Especially if they’re working hard to lose excess weight and get in shape!



This is exactly the question I set out to answer over thirty-five years ago when I opened my first Shape Shop restaurant in Charleston, right next door to my Weight Watchers location. I didn’t know anything about the restaurant business, but I knew there were people in my neck-of-the-woods who would appreciate an alternative to fast food restaurants. I guess my hunch was on target, because the Shape Shop became a local favorite. It expanded to two new locations—I opened a restaurant in Huntington in 2000, and another in Morgantown in 2011.



The Shape Shop is truly an extension of the love I have for helping people make positive changes. In days and times of bad health, people need to know there are options out there. I’m so proud to be a part of something that keeps customers coming back for more, time and time again. I love knowing that I’m a part of making their day more delicious!

My goal is to take the guesswork out of choosing healthy. Everything on the menu is low in calories and fat. While it’s a separate business from Weight Watchers, the Shape Shop is a popular destination for Weight Watchers members and non-members alike. Anyone who’s looking for wholesome, nutritious food can rest assured they’ll find something tasty at the Shape Shop.

From soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, and pizzas to muffins, cookies and the ever-popular Dippy Do frozen dessert, every item is healthy and made-from-scratch. You won’t find anything processed, and each item is portion-controlled. We’re always creating something new, unique, and always healthful.

Please stop into the Shape Shop for a satisfying, good-for-you meal—I promise you’ll find it easy to make a beneficial food choice you’ll enjoy! You can also check out our website...www.shapeshopwv.com. If you’re not in West Virginia, let me know where you like to go for a healthy, wholesome meal. Other readers would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment