Seafood & Poultry
- Try dill weed and lemon peel on baked or broiled fish.
- for an Asian flavor, marinate seafood in a small amount of soy sauce and sprinkle with garlic powder and ginger
- For an Italian flavor, combine one 16-ounce can of tomatoes (drained and chopped with 2 tablespoons of onion flakes, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder , and 1/4 teaspoon each of basil and oregano. Spoon ver fish or shrimp and bake.
- Sprinkle fish with thyme and pepper before baking.
- Make tuna or salmon pate by mashing 8 ounces of the fish with 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, onion, and green peppers and add garlic and oregano. spoon over chicken and bake.
- Saute turkey cutlets in a nonstick skillet with a small amount of oil. sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, and poultry seasoning.
- combine reduced calorie mayonnaise with Dijon mustard and spread on chicken. Sprinkle with rosemary and bake.
- For the taste of sausage, to 1 pound of ground turkey add 1/8 teaspoon ground savory, and 1/4 teaspoon each of ground sage, thyme, marjoram, pepper, and salt, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds. make into patties and saute in a nonstick skillet.
- Chicken marinated in soy sauce with sherry extract, garlic powder, and ginger makes a wonderful Asia entree.