Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sautéed Apples

Any variety of apples will work in this easy dish; however, the length of cooking time may vary.  It tastes best when the apples are cooked until just tender, so be careful not to let them get mushy.

Makes 4 servings

2          teaspoons margarine
4          small, sweet apples, unpeeled, cored, and cut into rings ¼-inch thick
2          tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1          teaspoon vanilla extract
½         teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼         teaspoon ground nutmeg

Gather your ingredients.



 Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.



 Add apples.
 Cook, stirring and turning apples frequently, until tender, about 10 minutes. 
Add small amounts of water if necessary, to prevent sticking.




Sprinkle apples with remaining ingredients.  
Toss to melt the sugar and coat the apples evenly.



Serve warm.



Each Serving Provides
Calories 119
Total Fat 2.4g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 25mg
Total Carbohydrate 24.4g
Dietary Fiber 3.3g
Protein 0.2g

6 comments:

  1. The apples look really good! I love anything with cinnamon on it.

    By the way, I used to live in WV too! It is one of the most beautiful states I know.

    Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, Sorry I never got back to you. The holidays took over my life. WV is my favorite place in the world.

      Delete
  2. We saute apples, pears and strawberries and then eat them with ice cream and coconut.. oh! so good. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something my grandmother used to do. Thanks for sharing with us at FFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! As a grandmother I make this for my grand-kids and they love it.

      Delete