Many varieties of fish and seafood are low in fat and fit nicely into a balanced diet. Often, if dishes are high in fat, it is not the seafood that is the culprit, but the way in which it is prepared. When I prepare fish, I am careful to choose ingredients such as lemon juice, broth, and vegetables, along with a delectable array of spices. Below are 7 healthy ways to prepare fish, so now you too can have the flavor without the fat.
1. As an alternative to fried fish, try dipping fillets in wheat germ or bread crumbs and baking them instead.
2. Try Dill weed and lemon peel on fish for a flavorful combination.
3. Low-calorie salad dressings make wonderful seafood marinades.
4. For and Asian flare, marinate seafood in a small amount of reduced sodium soy sauce and sprinkle with garlic powder and ginger.
5. Try sprinkling fish with instant chicken-broth mix and garlic powder before baking or broiling.
6. Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on fish, sprinkle lightly with thyme, dill,
7. Fruit juice and herb combinations also make excellent marinades. Try orange juice with ginger and garlic, lime juice with dill weed, or lemon juice with thyme.