There’s nothing like a bowl of hot soup to warm your bones and cheer your feelings. Here are five tips to make healthier soups.
1. When making soup with a homemade stock, chill the soup before serving so that the fat can be easily skimmed of the top.
2. For cream soups, use evaporated skim milk in place of the cream.
3. For added nutrition, any leftover cooked grain makes a nice addition for almost any soup.
4. If you are watching you sodium intake, when a recipe calls for broth mix, choose the low-sodium variety.
5. For extra protein and fiber, add cooked beans to your favorite soup.
If you want more great tips like these pre-order my cookbook Lean & Luscious 3rd Edition, click here to get your copy.