Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mexi-Corn

The sprinkle of fresh cilantro at the end is optional, but I do hope you'll try it that way. Its unusual flavor really enhances the flavors of Mexican food.
Makes 4 servings 
2     teaspoons canola oil 
¼    cup finely chopped green bell pepper 
¼    cup finely chopped red bell pepper 
¼    cup finely chopped onion 
¼    cup water 
1     1-pound can salt-free (or regular) corn, drained 
Pepper to taste 
1     tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional) 

Gather Ingredients


Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.

 
Add peppers and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add small amounts of water if necessary (about a tablespoon at a time) to prevent sticking.


Add water and corn. Heat through and add pepper to taste.


Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy.


Each Serving Provides 
Calories 113 
Total Fat 2.8g 
Cholesterol 0mg 
Sodium 13mg 
Total Carbohydrate 19.6g
Dietary Fiber 2.5g 
Protein 2.5g 

If you want more delicious recipes like this pre-order a my cookbook Lean & Luscious 3rd Edition,  click here to get your copy. 

6 comments:

  1. This looks very good! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and your recipe for Mexi-Corn sounds amazing, can't wait to try it...........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. :-)
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty simple what a great side and it's got great color. Thanks for sharing your corn with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mexi-corn! I have never ever thought of creating my own. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm! I love Mexi-corn :) It always looks so festive! :) Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-14-plus-16-dad-approved-fathers-day-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete