Kids can be very picky eaters, but if you follow these 6 tips you will know that your children have a healthy nutritious lunch that will devour in no time.
1) Pack a whole grain muffin in place of a cupcake.
2) Let your children help pack their favorite items in the containers.
3) For children who resist whole wheat bread, make a sandwich with one slice each of white and whole wheat bread and call it a "special" sandwich.
4) Help children cut and wrap their own fresh fruits and vegetables. They will be more likely to eat them if they do.
5) Buy whole wheat pretzels instead of fat-laden potato chips or taco chips.
6) Core and apple and fill the center with peanut butter. It makes a wonderful lunch box treat.