Thursday, June 27, 2013

8 Healthy Summer Snacks

The kids are home for summer and they are hungry! Here are eight healthy summer snacks that are great for kids--and adults.



Fruit Yogurt: Making your own fruit yogurt means lots more fruit and lots less sugar than most commercial varieties. Choose fruits that are packed in juice, and the possibilities are endless.
 

Grape Gelatin: As simple to prepare as the commercial product, but with real fruit juice and a lot less sugar.  Plus, this tasty treat is fun for the kids to make. It's great all year round and is a refreshing, fat-free dessert or snack.


Orange Cups: These bright and cheery fruit cups can easily be varied by filling them with different fruits. Let your imagination and taste buds guide you.


Mango Black Bean Salsa: Mango makes everything refreshing and sweet. This is a take from my Pineapple-Black Bean Salad. This refreshing salsa can be served on tacos, with tortilla chips, or piled into a pita for a delicious sandwich.


Onion Dip: A take-off on the ever-popular party dip, this version has all of the flavor with only a trace of the fat. I've replaced the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt, making a dip that's still as creamy and delicious as ever.


Cinnamon Popcorn: This is an all-time favorite for my family and I hope yours enjoys it too! It’s low-calorie, inexpensive, and simply fun. It’s great to serve at parties, it’s available all year long, and it’s loved by kids and adults the world over. 


Almond Oatmeal Bars: These quick, easy bars make a great dessert or a unique and nutritious breakfast-on-the-go. Imagine having your cereal, milk, and fruit all rolled into one delicious bar.


Strawberry Ice Cream: There's just a trace of fat in a frosty, cold dish of this easy, ice cream-type dessert. Just throw a few ingredients in the blender and enjoy.


If you want more delicious recipes like these pre-order a my cookbook Lean &Luscious 3rd Edition,  click here to get your copy.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Millie for sharing your healthy snacks with us on foodie friday.. I always need snack ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Diane said, I am always looking for snack ideas as well! These all would be hits in my house. Thanks for sharing on a foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for more healthy snacks.

    I'm visiting from Fidling Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bunch of snacks! I love the healthy onion dip - my husband has been dying for some chip dip for a while now, but I haven't been buying things like that. He'd love it if I whipped some up!

    Kristin
    ExploringDomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! It is such a great dip recipe and so easy to make!

      Delete